Triangle Congruence Proofs Book

Monday, August 15, 2016
I received a lot of requests to upload my Triangles Congruence Proofs Book so I'm going to upload the document to this post. I made this for my special education inclusion classes so that they are given some hints to filling out the two column proofs. If you want one without the scrambled statements and reasons, let me know and I can upload one that is blank. Also, if I made any mistakes, please let me know and I will fix them as soon as possible since I will be teaching this topic in November.

I know that teachers prefer different ways to teaching proofs. I prefer to go through the givens until I reach a congruency statement. I have students highlight the congruency statements so that they know once they reach three congruences, then they have proved the two triangles congruent.

I also have my students label their picture as they go through the givens.








Also, if you need help copying the pages let me know. I tried to make it where you copy the pages front to back as you go through the document. For example, pages 1 and 2 of the PDF will be copied front to back.

Here is the file: 
Triangle Congruence Proofs Book

14 comments

  1. Wow! This a great resource. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! I think my students will really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this booklet!!! I was just looking for an activity that gave congruency statements and required the students to mark the triangles and found this goldmine!!!
    I wish I had found this a day earlier as we already had started two-column proofs with no "hints".
    Every single class asked why we didn't do this before doing it the "other way". They loved it and it seemed to cement both the connection between the congruency markings/ congruency statements and the basic concept of proving triangles congruent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book! Anyone have any tips on printing it correctly. So far I can make the pages print right side up but not lined up, or I can make them print upside down and lined up correctly. But I can't do both. Ideas? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I simply copied them as single pages and when I printed them, "flipped" every other page so it would copy like a book.
      It wasn't perfectly lined up from page to page, but it was good enough.

      Delete
  6. This is AMAZING! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love the left side notes and the proof book without the choices--thanks!
    jkuziej@isd191.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great. Thanks for sharing!

    Also if you print them double sided on the short edge and the pages will go in order!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I gave this to my students last week, and they understood proofs more clearly! The scrambled statements/reasons at the bottom are great because they are like "training wheels" for completely blank proofs. Students have come up to tell me that it had helped them figure out the pattern for a great proof.

    THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!

    (Also, totally up to you, but if you are able, do you have a booklet for similarity triangle proofs? AA~, SAS~, and SSS~?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does someone have the answer key?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Mrs. Newell, so great to be using your wonderful booklets and foldables to teach my Geometry classes. I am starting the booklet on Triangles - Congruence Proofs. I believe I found a couple on mistakes on page 3 of the SAS PROOF #1. The 2 segment congruency statements have an error in order. I think they should read "segment VX is congruent to segment ZX" and "segment WX is congruent to segment YX". Please let me know if I am in error here. I have only taught this topic one other time. I am basing this on the triangle congruency statement of the proof. Thanks again for your sharing these great resources! pcole@lcpsmail.org - Pamela

    ReplyDelete