Algebra 1 Word Wall

Friday, May 11, 2018
This year, I have a separate room for conducting Algebra 1 pull-outs. Even though students have an Algebra 1 interactive notebook, some students will not take the time to "find" the material in their notebook. So, I decided to create a visible word wall in the room in which students are able to easily reference important vocabulary words. This has made such a HUGE difference in working with struggling students and English language learners.



Any time a vocabulary word is mentioned, I will have a student get up and find the word on the wall. After they find the word, we take time to discuss, draw, or act out the word.

Below is a picture of one of our warm-ups for the day (LOW level of difficulty).



Overall, I LOVE how students would reference the wall anytime they were unsure of the meaning of a word. I am currently trying to edit it to make the wall more interactive.

I included part of my Quadratic word walls below if you would like to use!

6 comments

  1. Where can we get your word walls??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you sale your word walls on TPT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my question! I would love to buy this!

      Delete
  3. I love that you share your stuff without having to pay for everything! I love people who blog to share their day to day stuff for others to use who are still learning (like myself). I appreciate your effort and love your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to purchase some of your word walls, are the available anywhere for purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fonts do you use for your materials? I really like them, but was not sure where to start

    ReplyDelete