Systems of Equations

Wednesday, February 14, 2018
I am in LOVE with this flip book that I made for systems of equations in Algebra 1. It is basically a review of all topics that are covered in systems and is organized so that students have a quick go-to reference. We did not complete the flip-book (evens only) and I am planning to finish the odds when we do our STAAR review in May.




Students were struggling with the concept of creating a system with a given amount of coins. So, another teacher had a great idea of creating a Google Slides document where students can practice solving systems with a partner. The following Google Slides document was uploaded into Schoology so that students could work together to solve the problem and create the "best slide". I made 5 copies of the Google Slides for each class period. 

Below are pictures of some of the original slides that students were given:




We were reviewing around December so many slides had a "Christmas theme" slide. Here are some of the end results that students wanted to share: 






I feel that this helped students SO much because they were able to easily count the money on the slide to see if they had the correct amount. I also feel that I have seen this idea floating around somewhere on the internet. If this is your original idea, please let me know so I can give you credit!

Also, I am not sure if I uploaded the correct version of the Systems of Equations flip-book. One is good to go and the other has quite a lot of typos! :)


Here are some of the files that I used for this lesson: 

Make a Copy of the Google Collab Doc to use in your classroom. 


1 comment

  1. I just have to tell you that I continuously appreciate your work and have referred to your site many times. I figure, why create the wheel when someone else (you) have done such an excellent job at preparing things. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete