Exponents Day 1 and Day 2

Monday, February 3, 2020
THIS IS MY 100TH POST! One of my goals this month is to write a blog post twice a week. I know I say that every post BUT I really want to start sharing more of my instructional materials. This past Friday, students took their test over Exponents and did extremely well. I strongly suggest introducing the rules for negative and zero exponents at the beginning of the unit.

For notes, I created a flip-book over Exponents that we used for the whole unit. This was the first unit that students regularly referenced their flip-book. 





On Day 1 and Day 2, we went over Product of Powers and Quotient of Powers. After the Product of Powers and Quotient of Powers flap, students worked on a partner activity. Students always enjoy partner activities because they are able to work with each other and make sure they received the same answer. If students do not receive the answer, they check both of each others work to come up with the correct solution.



This post summaries day 1 and day 2 of our exponents unit and I can't wait to post about the remaining days on Wednesday! 

If you want the files -> Click Here

2 comments

  1. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are absolutely AMAZING! Our school is currently teaching virtually and your Google Classroom materials are so helpful. I've been following your Blog for several years now and love reading about your ideas and using your activities. You are greatly appreciated! <3 Ms. Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this flip book! We have been reviewing algebra 1 concepts in my geometry class, and it has been especially helpful for my students to have a resource to refer to! All of your materials have been useful, and I like reading about your various activities and experiences.

    ReplyDelete