Angles Formed by Secants and Tangents

Thursday, May 25, 2017
Here are my interactive notebook pages and some teaching ideas for "Angles Formed By Secants and Tangents" in a circle. 


First, we went over each theorem on the pink sheet and highlighted each theorem and explained what it meant. If you are a regular reader, I think I'm going to make a poster of all of my "left side" circle theorems and hang them up around my classroom! 


After going over each theorem, we started on the following foldable that has practice problems. 


I found that cutting out two strips of paper and positioning them around the angle helps my ESL/SPED students visualize the arcs and angles better. They were able to see the relationship between the arc measure and the angle. (Highlighting is also a very big help!)





After we finished the foldable, students worked on a simple maze review over this topic. 


Thank you for taking the time to read! Only 5 more school days left for me :)

Here are some files that I used in this lesson: 

3 comments

  1. On the mixed practice part of the downloaded foldable- the letters of the alphabet are not correct according to the picture posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you please post the activity maze for secants.

    ReplyDelete