New School Year Goals

Monday, August 1, 2016
This month, I am participating in the #MTBoSBlaugust challenge. You can find a list of participants when you Click Here. My goal is to blog every day this month!


Here are several of my goals this school year:

1. Encourage others to try something new. 
There are two Geometry teachers on my team that will not incorporate technology, activities, or foldables into their teaching. I really want to encourage them this year to step outside of their comfort zone and be able to successfully implement some new strategies. I am currently trying to come up with good ways to help make this happen.


2. Blog at lease once a week.
I want to blog at least once a week. I found that blogging allows me to reflect on what went well, what sucked, or what needs improvement.  Countless ideas and activities were born in the middle of writing a blog post.  I'm still relatively new to blogging (started in January) but I hope to be able to go back and search for previous lessons and see what did/did not work.


3. Ask more questions.
I want to ask more questions. I know I ask a lot of questions after a lesson, but I feel like I don't ask enough questions during a lesson. I'm going to print a list of questions to put on my desk to help remind me.


4. Attend more extra-curricular activities.
Students notice whenever a teacher attends extra-curricular activities. Anytime a student sees me at an extra-curricular activity, their faces light up and they get so excited! When students see you at their games or events, they start to realize that you care. This helps promote a positive school culture and a positive classroom environment. I do not understand why some teachers complain about having to attend "one" campus service event a year. I find it exciting and fun to be able to interact with past, current, and future students in a different school setting.


5. Be able to balance home, work, and school life. 
I am definitely an overachiever. I always put too much on my plate and this year, I decided to go back to school to get my masters.  I am nervous to see how going back to school will play out when I am back at work. I hope to find a schedule that allows me to balance my work, home, and school life efficiently without getting too stressed out.


6. Keep up with my half marathon training plan. 
I started running in February and I completed my first half marathon in April. I finished with a time of 2 hrs and 17 mins, which is not bad since it my first race ever. I signed up for the Houston Chevron Half Marathon in January and my goal is to run it in under 2 hours! I start my training plan this week and I need to motivate myself to stick with it to achieve my goals. "She believed she could so she did."

No comments