How to Grade with Google Forms

Monday, July 25, 2016
This is a post on how to create a Google Form that will automatically grade your assignments. I am planning to use this tool with most of my formative assessments this upcoming school year.

Step 1: Create a blank Google Form. The first three questions in my Google Forms are always the class period (drop-down menu), last name (short answer), and first name (short answer). I also press "Required" on each question just so students can make sure that they answered every question.



Step 2: Click on the "Responses" tab and press the green button that says "Create Spreadsheet." It will ask you to either create a new spreadsheet or select an existing one. For new activities, I will always create a new spreadsheet.




Step 3: Go to the menu and press "Preview." This is where you will make your answer key so make sure that you type/select the correct answers. Press submit when you are finished. 




Step 4: Click "Add-Ons" on your spreadsheet menu and select "Get Add-Ons." Find the Flubaroo add-on and download.




Step 5: Once you have downloaded Flubaroo, go back to "add-ons" and press "Enable Flubaroo in this sheet."


Step 6: Go back to the same menu and press "Grade Assignment" under Flubaroo.


Step 7: Make sure that it says "identifies students" next to any student information. Click on your name for the answer key.



This is how it will look like when it grades. You can go back and forth between the sheets at the bottom. This is amazing and it will color code the answers for you. I can't wait to try this out with more assignments.


If you have any questions or if I missed anything, please leave a comment. :)

4 comments

  1. I have used them last course and Ss loved them. I also saved a lot of time grading assignments. I just miss that wrong answers count -1/(n-1) or something like that. Regates from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina,

    First, I just have to say that I love your blog! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful ideas! Homework is something that I have always struggled with and i'm wondering if this could be my solution. How do you use google forms in your classroom? Is it for homework? Quizzes? Exit tickets? I'd love to use this to make homework easier to grade and for a possible motivational factor for my kiddos, but I'm worried about accountability. Have you had any issues with students being able to share answers?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Google Forms for quizzes and exit tickets. I have not had any issues with students being able to share answers because I require student to "show their thinking" in the notes section. :)

      Delete
  3. Quiero aprender de ti 💞💞💞💞... Maravilloso todo

    ReplyDelete